Welcome to my blog

The good, the bad, the truth. A little bit about my life as a mother and as a wife.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lets talk birthcontrol...

So I've been on the YAZ pill before and I loved it. I loved that it helps with mood swings, I love that it wasnt only helping for preventing pregnancy but also ache. However, I had a hard time keeping up on taking it at the same time and so on. I knew the "pill" wasnt right for me.

After I got pregnant, yes a very planned pregnancy with Michele, I did my research with everything. I ended wanting the IUD. Something that I never really have to think about at all.
I ended up getting the Mierna. I loved it for the most part. very very light periods that needed a panty liner at most. However I had gained weight to 176.6 I weight more then I did fully pregnant with Anthony and Michele. I watched what I ate and everything. When I did my research I found that 3% of people gain weight. I thought those odds are a lot better then what I hear on the depo shots or whatever else. So I took my chances. I lost. Would I suggest Mirena to people, YES!! If people can handle the depo and such, this is better side effects then JUST weight gain.

However, I've personally have had a stuggle with my selfimage. Also after two kids, not having much time to "pamper" yourself, and so on.. gaining weight just doesnt need to add to it all. I have been trying hard to lose my weight but it hasnt moved what so ever. So I had made an appt to make the next move. Try the copper (ParaGard) IUD.

I went in today, and thank god it wasnt the same Dr. I saw before.. who was rude, mean, doesnt listen to what you have to say, cuts you off, and I absolutely despise. Well.. thank god it was a sweet lady. She listened to everything and was so helpful with all my questions. She knew her facts unlike the other Dr. who told me that the IUD doesnt cause weight gain, but I LOOKED on the MINERA site itself and found about the "3%". Well anyways, back on topic..

I ended getting the paragrad. Now I cant wait for my body to become "normal" again and not have to worry. To be able to lose the weight, to be able to be "me". I've always had a fear of the hormonal birthcontrols too, and had a "bad feeling". So lets pray that nothing goes wrong with this one and I am able to get the results I want.

I am in tons of pain right now, I've forgotten how horrible it is when they insert it and after, but I do know how it takes about 6 months for your body to get used to it and that its worth it.

So cheers to a new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment